Behin Kavosh Samin Company has started the construction of a magnesium ingot production plant with a nominal production capacity of 20,000 tons per year on a 14-hectare land located in Sirjan Industrial Park No. 2 in the province of Kerman. The company intends to produce magnesium ingot while complying with international standards and product diversification, aiming to produce and export this product.
The commitment and adherence of all the elements of this company to the protection of the environment and compliance with national and international environmental requirements and standards in all stages of this project are considered as inviolable principles for the implementation of this project and have always been at the forefront of all activities. It is worth mentioning that in this regard, obtaining environmental approvals and forming the main cores of the HSE unit at the headquarters and the site of the factory, as well as the use of the latest world-class environmentally friendly technologies, have been taken.
- Creation of the largest magnesium ingot production unit in the country
- Direct employment for 400 people and indirect employment for at least 2,000 people in downstream industries
- Kerman province’s access to vast mineral reserves, location on the north-south transit route of the country, and easy access to international waterways
- Existence of very suitable energy infrastructures and also rich dolomite mines in Kerman province
- Growth and improvement of the region’s economic conditions through the employment of skilled local workers and upgrading of expertise and development of technical skills
- Development of downstream industries including steel production, ferroalloy production, automotive industries and completion of the value chain
Behin Kavosh Samin Company uses the developed Pidgeon thermal reduction method, to extract magnesium.
Due to its lightness and suitable mechanical and thermal resistance properties, magnesium has replaced conventional metals such as steel, cast iron, and aluminum. Using this type of metal in the automotive industry leads to lighter vehicles and reduced fuel consumption. Therefore, considering the global demand growth for magnesium, especially in the automotive and aluminum alloy industries in recent years, Behin Kavosh Samin Company intends to be recognized as the main magnesium producer in the Middle East by building a plant on a 15-hectare land located in Sirjan Industrial Park.
This metal, which is one of the strongest and lightest metals, is used in cases where the product weight is of particular importance. Also, by using magnesium metal in the casting industry, the casting quality of parts is increased. Some of the applications of magnesium alloys include aircraft components, car wheels, car cylinder blocks, bicycles and other sports equipment, ladders, control hinges, fuel tanks, and aircraft wings. Magnesium alloy can also be used in the production of base parts in the automotive and aerospace industries and desulfurization of iron and steel.